MORAG LOVES COMPANY founded by director/producer, Barbara Doran is based in St. John’s, Newfoundland and has been producing international films and television for the past twenty five years. The Company is an internationally recognized production house specializing in documentary and drama productions, including the Gemini winning mini-series “Random Passage” and our most recent box office hit, “The Grand Seduction”, starring Brendan Gleeson and Taylor Kitsch now in worldwide distribution.
Some of the Company’s most recent productions include Newfoundland At Armageddon, a story of slaughter at Beaumont Hamel which will air as a two-hours Special Presentation on National CBC in English and French on the anniversary of Beaumont Hamel Other films now in distribution include: “Love & Savagery”, directed by John N. Smith, a co-production with Kevin Tierney of Parkex Pictures (Good Cop, Bad Cop); Mary Walsh’s “Young Triffie” a co-production with Cinemaginaire (The Barbarian Invasions). In post-production, a feature film directed by Justin Simms and starring Shawn Doyle and Jason Priestly will be released in January 2015. We are currently in development on several other documentaries and features including an interior-provincal co-production with Pierre Even at Item7 in Montreal. On the documentary front we are developing a feature documentary , “Moonshine” (the liquid kind), and a documentary co-production with Germany on Ellesmere Island’s “White Wolves”.
- Producer: The Grand Seduction, director Don McKellar – feature co-production QUE/NL (2014)
- Writer/Director/Producer: Phantoms on the French Shore, director Barbara Doran, CBC documentary co-production NL/ONT (2013)
- Producer/Field Director: Life Below Zero: director, Josh Freed, Cbc documentary co-production QUE/NL(2011)
- Producer/Field Director: Where Did I Put My Memory?: director, Josh Freed, CBC documentary co-production QUE/NL (2010)
- Producer: Love and Savagery, director John N. Smith feature co-production: QUE/NL (2009)
- Writer/Producer/Director: Still Rowdy After All These Years, a biography on Gordon Pinsent, Bravo documentary (2009)
- Writer/Director/Producer: Playing the Machines, documentary CBC (2009)
- Writer/Director/Producer: To Dublin with Love, documentary BRAVO! (2008)
- Producer: Young Triffie’s Been Made Away With – a feature comedy directed by Mary Walsh, a QUE/NL co-production (2007)
- Writer/Director/Producer: Keeping up with Cathy Jones – documentary CBC(2006)
- Writer/Director/Producer: Hard Rock and Water – documentary CBC (2005)
- Writer/Director/Producer: The Invisible Machine – documentary CTV/Discovery(2004)
- Producer: Random Passage – an eight period drama series, a NL/QUE/IRELAND international co-production CBC(2002)
- Writer/Director/Producer: When Women Kill – documentary CBC/NFB (1994)